At this stage it looks like Ellie will finally be moving to the Children’s hospital on Tuesday (unless an emergency fills her bed). Medically we are all very ready – however it is starting to dawn on me how much Ellie, Hannah and myself will miss all our beautiful hospital friends who have shared this journey with us so far. We have been told we have to come back and visit, hopefully they will be able to help me corral two running toddlers in a couple of years.
The other good news to come out of today is that they have a few ideas for Ellie’s ‘last chance’. They have decided to give her a few weeks and see if they can slowly ween her breathing support to something other than CPAP, this is because she is doing so well at the moment. If this fails however she will have to go straight to surgery for a trachy.
I have been carrying an outfit of Hannah’s around for about 3 weeks now waiting for the perfect opportunity. Today was that opportunity…..
The girls have been sharing secrets today. Hannah was a little shocked by one that Ellie told her.